Re: anybody tryied depotting NST with steam?

Original poster: "Matthew Smith by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Hi All

I don't want to put a damper (a steamer :-? ) on this idea, but...

I know (or hope) that we all know the dangers of HV - let's not be
forgetting just how nasty "live" or superheated steam can be.  Apart
from the explosion hazard, getting hit in the wrong place (ie: any) by
SHS is something to be avoided.

So, if you use it, take the same care that you would when working with
energized equipment.

Cheers

Matthew Smith

PS - Steam at sufficient temperature hasn't (in my experience) left
things wet (residual heat in the effected component evaporates any
condensate).  If the de-potting process were successful, I'd just leave
the de-potted item in thea airing cupboard for a while.

----8x----- MAJOR SNIP ------8x-------