Resonant charging with MOTs

Original poster: "Marry Krutsch by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <u236-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Hello everybody!

    Would this work, or is it already old news?  A resonant cap for MOTs
is between 3 uF and 6uF, I think.  I figured that you could make a MOT
resonate up to 8 or 10 kV or so, without doublers or extra insulation.
One could probably use 2 trannies in series to up the voltage and drop
the resonant cap value.  I can't get MOT voltage doublers to work for
more than 5 sec. on my coil.  I think the diodes are blowing, since my
doubler caps are 2.5 uF.  The sparks sure look great while the diodes
last, though!  I thought this could be an alternative to my diode eating
doubler.

Winston K.

                     120vac
                   |               |