Re: mailing list questions

Natural ferrite is a iron/zinc oxide commonly associated with sulfide ores
of gold.These minerals have high permiability, but very low retentivity and
are well suited for use as high frequency transformer cores.Today ferrite
cores are synthetic material blended with a ceramic or plastic binder and
formed in convenant shapes for coil winding. Rods are commonly used to make
antennas. Large cores are special made and expensive. I make my research
cores to save the cost. I use 30mm x 1 meter for subteranian antenna tests.
   Robert  H