Re: MOT Powered Coil

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 11:47 AM 13/01/02 -0700, you wrote:

>Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<ludev-at-videotron.ca>

>Hi Steve,
>
>I used the method 3 in my present PS but I leave the MOT B core
>floating, may be I'll try the resistor divider. The 2 Mot are in
>oil and screw to piece of wood that I boiled in oil before I used
>it the wood permit the core B to electrically float, I used this
>method because I want a ground reference in my PS:
>
>http://pages.infinit-dot-net/luc2/ps_mot_3.gif
>
>Cheers,
>
>Luc Benard

Hello Luc, Coilers,

What's the reason for the 4K resistor in the lead from the top MOT to
the rectifiers?  It's way to big for a inrush current limiter, so I'm
a bit puzzled as to why you chose such a high value.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca
           or ve3ear-at-rac.ca