Re: MOT pri, sec insulation rating

Is it really good to 20KV, or was that the "hi pot" voltage?

It's unlikely that the primary (110V) winding to core insulation is good
for that much voltage (cost considerations).  And, since one end of the
secondary (HV) winding is connected to the core, it's just the insulation
from the other end to core you have to worry about, and that's going to be
2-3 kV, typically.