Big Honkin' Quad 833A

Original poster: "Sundog by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sundog-at-timeship-dot-net>

Hi All!
        The Big Honkin' Quad 833A coil is well on it's way.  I have to find
another MOT to use as a filament tranny (I screwed mine up, the primary went
*BANG* in testing and is now open circuit. I'll be hitting up the flea markets
today.
    In other Bad News (these travel in 3's), I fumbled my DMM and it
face-planted the LCD on the edge of my drill press's base.  Scratch one $80
DMM, the LCD is busted all to heck.
    Last Bad News, my 3" secondary got hit by something in the garage that fell
over and nicked the windings.  So it may smoke-test in use on the VTTC.  we'll
have to see.  I touched it up with clear nail polish, let's hope that does it.

        Everything for the BHTC (Bit Honkin' Tube Coil) is getting mounted
today, and I'll hopefully get all the wiring done than needs to be done.  Then
I'll just have to drop in another filament tranny and it'll be ready to tune &
fire.

  BTW, I need a new DMM.  Plan on spending about $80-100 on one, what's the
best meter in that range? (a bit over is okay)  Thanks all!

Shad (Sundog)
G-1 #1203