Re: NST Fix

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com>

In a message dated 1/21/02 3:30:56 AM Central Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> > Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> > <ludev-at-videotron.ca>
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Personally I used a piece of plywood in place of the PVC because
> > some time the transfo could get really hot. I put the wood in
> > oven at 250 F for 2 hours and cook it in oil for half an hours to
> > get the humidity put. Not sure but I think pig used wood too.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Luc Benard
> >

> Yes, but with the thing immersed in soybean oil, which by the way is very
> good insulator some capacitor company already has patented the use of it
> in there capacitors, the heat is negligible.

Hi Ry, all.

Since you spoke of using organic-based oils as dielectrics, I thought
that you all might find this web page, that I just came across while do-
ing a google search yesterday, interesting. It requires acrobat (a free
download) to read:

<<< http://www.elect.mrt.ac.lk/IEE2001_coconut_oil.pdf >>>

David Rieben