RE: help limiting mots

Original poster: "J Whyte by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <xoom321-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>Have you ever tried overvolting your smaller 120VAC MOT's??? Its a great
>way
>to get HUGE voltages and solid current output, but this has to be done
>under
>oil. It works on most larger sized MOT's....try it and find out.
>I have been able to get well past 15,000 volts at short circuit of 400mA
>with 4 (120V) MOT's running 240VAC input. It draws around 7-8 kW and puts
>out HUGE LONG flaming arcs. It truely is a cheap POLE PIG! I have never
>tried hooking it up to a TC yet, but I would speculate 12' arcs are
>possiable!
>
>This is something I'm going to try out.
>
>  Godfrey Loudner
-------------------------

The longer the arc, the bigger the power draw! Thats a rule I go by!

My new MOT's are both from the same model "Kenmore" (sears) Microwave which
draws 1400W and outputs only 625W (magnetron). These MOT's are HUGE!! And
they both are running 0.97 uF CAPS with built in diodes. I have no idea what
the output current is on them!

I suspect they output in the 600 mA range...but its just a guess** anyone
actually know??? I wonder if the rating of the cap has something to do with
the output power of the MOT???

The MOT's are running within 30.5 VAC of each other. Ones working nicely at
1980.5 VAC, and the other is operating at 2010 VAC. They aid VERY well on
120VAC, but haven't tried these big guys on 240VAC yet. I suspect they will
hold up just fine as they have wide, and thick CORES!!

Anyone else try overvolting MOT's????

Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn-dot-com