Re: bycap question

Hi Andy,

Tesla coil caps need to be high-current solid-foil polypropylene otherwise they
will burn up in such an extreme use.  They have to be AC rated and will take
100'S of peak amps so not just any cap works.  I am not familiar with "BYCAPS"
so I am not sure how they will work.

15 Geek Caps would give 10nF which is the LTR value for your NST.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/MMCcapSales.gif
http://www.thegeekgroup-dot-org/Nonflash/sales/sales.htm#caps

That would run about $45 so don't pay more.  I would definitely recommend using
LTR values instead of resonant cap values since it is far safer for the NST.

Cheers,

        Terry