Re: Convert your MOT to NST?

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Steve,

I tried a similar experiment a few months back, and
got neat output sparks up to 1/3" or so from a single
MOT. I don't know how much voltage that is, but it is
certainly more than 2KV. Just for grins, I chopped off
the primary and replaced it with about 50 turns of
14AWG to increase the turns ratio. Stimulated by the
dimmer/cap combo, the modified MOT sprouted arcs of
about 1/2" to 5/8"--for a few seconds. Then it died. I
could still hear it arcing somewhere. I'm sure it was
inside the secondary or perhaps from the secondary to
the core somewhere out of sight. Too bad. It certainly
validates your principle though. Maybe I should try
this again with the MOT in an oil bath?

Spark On,

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg