Re: Stupid Capacitors!

Original poster: "Kent Vander Velden by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <graphix-at-iastate.edu>

In message <4.1.20020126094018.00a286d0-at-pop.dnvr.qwest-dot-net>, "Tesla list" write
s:
>Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>
>
>Hi Kent
>
>Did you used polyethylene and mineral oil in the construction?

  Construction of the fishtank + bottle cap?  No, I used two 10 gal.
fishtanks each with 12 glass pop bottles filled with saltwater with a
mineral oil top layer.  The mineral oil layer was used to cut down the
corona loss... without the oil the top water surface glowed.
Ready-bolt was used to "connect" to the water.  The bad thing was after
about a year the ready-bolt had corroded a great deal in the salt
solution.