Re: Streamer Launcher/Director

Hi Cory,

Tesla tried to make a weapon out of Tesla coils to help with WWII.  His
used (or was planned to use) a stream of liquid mercury under high presure
to guide the streamer to a target.  The Corums also tried something like
this but I think they used powdered metal.  Electron beams will not travel
in air (needs high vacuum).  Lasers are an option to ionize an air path but
if you have a laser that powerful you don't need the coil.  Argon gas arcs
easily in air (six times I think) but I am not sure how easy it would be to
get a nice stream of gas going.

A simple point would just have random streamers flying off in one place.
Nothing one could really aim.

Of course, given a Tesla coil vs. an A-1 tank, I'll take the tank :-))

Cheers,

	Terry