Re: Re: Convert your MOT to NST?

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 12:19 PM 27/01/02 -0700, you wrote:

>Original poster: "G by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<bog-at-cinci.rr-dot-com>

>Hi,
>I using the classic doubler design.  Two MOTs wired series opposed and
>outputs wired as so:
>
>mot*----||---|---------- MOT ballast----to tank
>|     1 uf   |
>|           |<  diode
>|            |
>|           |<  diode
>|            |
>mot*----||---|---------- MOT ballast----to tank
>       1 uf
>
>My primary tank cap is 0.041 uf.

<snip>

Maybe I'm all wet, but shouldn't you have two more diodes, one in each
leg preceeding the MOT ballasts?  You would then have a true voltage
doubler circuit, as is shown in any electronics handbook.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca
           or ve3ear-at-rac.ca