Found problem! Need tranny(833 tube coil)

Original poster: "Sundog by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sundog-at-timeship-dot-net>

Hi All!
    Well, I found it.  Stamp "Stupid" on my forehead and send me on down the
line, I pulled a good one designing this coil. I opted for a dual MOT supply.
It puts out about 4kv allright, but it's only ~2kv to ground from either side.
Uuuhhh..... D'oh!
    So I hooked up the pig (ballasted to a kw or so input), and ran 1 lead to
the FWR, and the other to ground.  Got output.  Only put about 40v into the pig
for testing, but primary current on the pig ('tween the variac and pig, not on
the 240v line) easily hit 30A.  Not healthy to run it at any substantial power
level.)

    Sooo...I'm on the lookout for a CT HV tranny that puts out 4kv on each leg,
8kv total. Somewhere in that range. So, while the coil *does* function properly
in push-pull mode, I'm unable to feed it enough power to make it run well.
But, at only 2kv in, it's pretty effective at wiping out all the FM stations in
the 3 surrounding houses.  So, I'm not running it for the time being (that
whole FCC thing...an unlicensed 3kw transmitter...hmmm...)

    Anybody got a ~8kv CT tranny they're willing to part with? 2-3kva is good.
Thanks all!

Shad (Sundog)
G-1 #1203