Ignition coil question

Original poster: "Pete Komen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <pkomen-at-zianet-dot-com>

I am considering driving a small TC with an ignition coil.

How much power can an ignition coil take?

If the coil is driven by capacitor discharge, how much of the energy stored
in the cap actually makes it to TC coil primary?  How efficient is an
ignition coil?

If no one knows this, I'll try an experiment to measure the energy transfer
(when I get a round tuit.).  I could test a coil to destruction via
overpowering, but maybe measuring the increase in case temperature after a
timed test would work.

Regards,

Pete Komen