Re: more tube coil mayhem :)

The secondary is a parallel tuned circuit with a high Q. The change at the
tuning point is sharp and the voltage jumps high and that is easy to see
with a scope.The primary is not so easy, it is low Q series circuit that
dips at resonance.  put your signal gen across the spark gap, and the scope
across a series resistor. When you hit resonance the resistor voltage will
increace as current increases in your signal gen. Shift the frequency back
and forth to find the peak. The lower power your sig gen is the harder it
will be to see. Another way is to use a coil antenna on your scope to see
the peak at resonance. 10 turns or so next to the primary to the vert input.
   ROBERT  H    P.S. Power OFF !!!!!