RE: Re-configuring X-Ray Transformers

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Talk about lucky; an endless supply of x-ray outfits from a neighbor. A plus
is that you have a knowledgeable neighbor to help with the equipment.

The autotransformer in a control panel can be used as a choke. Its a big
square core with a many tapped coil of thick gauge wire. You should have
about 24 taps. Its used to tap off the correct voltage for the high voltage
transformer from a variety of service lines. The inductance of the
autotransformer also helps to stiffen the input to the high voltage
transformer. Also there are big resistors, contractors, heavy cable, and big
copper bolts

Godfrey Loudner