Re: 811 tube coil

Steve: as I don't know how to send from my new scanner I'll have to use
words. My circuit is a tickler coil oscilator not a taped coil hartly like
yours. It is quite compact with a 3"to 2" cone secondary 6.5" long wound
with 400T of  #32 wire. The primary is 4" OD plate coil # 16 wire tapped
every second turn 34T starting 1" above the base. with a 3/4' space and 50T
#24 wire grid coil above that. The plate coil is tuned with a 500Pf 6Kv
capacitor. The grid coil is not tuned, but has .004 uf  3Kv capacitor to
ground at the bias connection. The other side of the grid coil goes direct
to the grid with no other connections. The power transformer is a 1200v
shunted with .004uf  3Kv capacitor . one lead to the plate coil with the
plate coil then to the plate. All in series. The tube acting as its own
rectifier. The second plate transformer lead is connected to a 5K ohm
reostat in series with a 5K 25W resistor to ground. The reostat being the
grid bias control. The reostat transformer connection also goes to the grid
coil capacitor connection. The fillament is supplied with a 6.3V 10A CT
transformer with the CT to ground. Each transformer has a seperate switch so
fillament can be turned on then the plate supply. The secondaty is grounded
at the bace and has an electric fence insulator on the top with a brass bolt
to make connections. 400 turns dosent give streamer voltages, but provides
200kv to do research. When this was built 2Kv solid state diodes didnt exist
so the tube is the rectifier and oscilator. The coil form is a varnished
paper cone about 10 layers thick with an open brass tape ring at the top to
prevent racing arcs. No toroid. While it is compact it has done a lot of
real work powering research projects  from linier excellerators, X-ray ,
microwave , to  lasers. Its to good to retire with over 50 years on the same
tube. Yes I have a spare tube in a box marked " Victory, save paper" All
ground connections are earth ground connections as no 3 wire power existed.
     Robert  H