Re: Lexan (polycarbonate)

Original poster: "Mr Gregory Peters by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <s371034-at-student.uq.edu.au>

> Greg -
>
> Lexan will work as well as acrylic. How are you going to attach
> it?

Scott,

I've always cut the disc to be the same size as the outside diameter of
the coilform, then glued it on the end with epoxy. This means it can't
fall into the tube (it don't fit). I've never had any problems. The
internal baffles are unnecessary, if the coil is properly constructed. I
can show you photos of a 2" x 12" magnifier tertiary coil producing 72"
arcs without breakdown (six times the winding length). It was made by a
TCBOR member and used no internal baffles. The only time I would use
internal baffles is if the wire, or other conductor entered the form.

Cheers,