RE: 1st time coiler

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hello Yannick

Try out http://home.earthlink-dot-net/~electronxlc for an overview of tesla
coils.  A 15,000 volt, 30 or 60 mA neon sign transformer (NST) is a good
transformer to start with. Consult with
http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/NSTFilt.jpg for a filter to
protect the NST. For the best caps going, consult Terry's Tesla Coil Papers
at http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com for information on Multi Mini Caps (MMC). The
30 mA NSTs are available on ebay for a reasonable price. The 60 mA NSTs are
harder to find at a reasonable price. A static spark gap is effective with a
30 or 60 mA NST.

Godfrey Loudner