Reporting

Original poster: "cd by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <vbprg1-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hello everyone

I would like to report SUCCESS
with 1x 12000v 30ma NST  at 90 percent power on the variac
I have created 12inch sparks

I am still narrowing in on optimal tuning but here is what it took
perhaps this will help someone else
all tests run up to 90 percent power
test1
tap 12 turn  TOPLOAD large torus- no sparks weak glow in f tube
test2
tap 10 turn - TopLoad Aluminum pan- very small sparks
test 3
tap 12 turn TopLoad aluminum pan - no sparks
test 4
tap 8 turn Topload aluminum pan - no sparks
test 5
tap 10 turn Topload aluminum can - 2-4 inch sparks
test 6
tap turn 11 Topload Aluminum can - no sparks
test 7
tap turn 9 TopLoad Aluminum can - 10 - 12 inch lightning :

Further testing remains to be done with the 4 torus's I have built
but I thought you guys might like to know
I GOT MY FIRST COIL TO MAKE LIGHTNING
WHOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO

Thanks for all the great information
Chris Dowdy