Re: Another Primary Coil question

Dan,

What determines this is arc voltage. Easier to visualize than to calculate.
Typically, about 1 inch. What adjust
the arc voltage is distance between primary and secondary including height
of secondary if above the flat primary
(such as would occur during coupling adjustments).

D.C. mentioned using scrap wire to find the primary. This of course is a
good method to use, but there are also
online programs which will can get you pretty darn close to being in tune.
With the online programs all you need is
your browser.

John Couture maintains JHCTES v3.3 at:
http://www.mgte-dot-com/tesla_d.htm

and I maintain JavaTC v9.1 at:
http://www.classictesla-dot-com/java/javatc.html

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Daniel McCauley by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>