Re: Off-Axis Primary Inductance

Hi Nick,
         Intellectual honesty impels me to mention that at least one
other person (Mark Barton) thought of the idea independently and I
passed it on to Richard during conversations we had prior to his
writing the paper. I *may* have been first to implement it as an
integral part of a working Tesla coil but it was used many decades
ago in radio transmission gear.
     FWIW, I'd encourage its use. It's a great way to get more bang
for buck (tubing cost-wise) in terms of primary inductance and total
primary size.

Regards,
Malcolm

On 7 Jul 2002, at 12:49, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Nicholas Field by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <nick.field-at-hvfx.co.uk>