Re: inductor current limiting for MOTs

Original poster: "marc metlicka by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Allanh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<allanh-at-starband-dot-net>

> I'm using 4 to 5 MOT's in series. I tried several types of
> ballast, but the one that seems to work best for me is
> an old heating element from an electric dryer cut into pieces, one for each
> MOT. The lengths can be chosen to
> suit the desired power level. Some heat is generated but its small compared
> to the overall power consumed. I got
> my dryer element from a friend who was taking his old dryer to the dump.
> These elements aren't very expensive if you buy a new one.
>
> Good luck,
>
> allan

 I have two flat wire wound , variable inductors for sale. since i
acquired
a very nice three phase welder with a
 500 amp voltage variac along with a three phase 500 amp variable
inductor i don't think i'll need the 150 amp spacer adjusted inductor.
any one interested contact me at :mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net.
These are factory units exactly like richie bernets coustom built units,
if not satisfied and not burnt, i will replace cost and shipping. i
guaranty that i rang these out with my lcr meter with several spacer
thicknesses and they will run 20 to 100 and 20 to 175 amp (respectively)
pass with no excessive heating! These are current limiting inductors out
of complex AC motor drives.
pictures can be supplied, or seen on my web site.
Marc M.