Bmax calculation for driver transformmer

Original poster: "rob by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rob-at-pythonemproject-dot-com>

I found this, so I thought I'd post it.  It shows that even with very
few turns Bmax in negligible on gate driver transformers:

I am using material similar to Amidon #75 in
FT-82 size.  Thus Ae, the cross sectional area is about 0.25 cm
squared.  Gate drive is 9V rms, or 1/2 the square wave swing that I AC
couple to the transformers.  Using a derivative of the Biot-Savart law,
Bmax=
Vrms * 1e2 / (4.44 * N * Ae * F), where F is in Mhz.

Thus for my 5 turn transformers at 250khz, Bmax= approx 650 gauss.  Bsat
is up in the thousands, so even with my small # turns, I am way below
the saturation point.

Rob.

--
The Numeric Python EM Project