Re: flyback questions

Original poster: "jimmy hynes by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <chunkyboy86-at-yahoo-dot-com>

2-4 turns? i was told 20-30 when i was making it. i would try less turns, but
between the time i sent the email and the time i got the replies i killed it. i
was charging 5 glass bottle caps and getting sparks about quarter inch, maybe
3/8 inch long and it stopped working. it got really quiet and started pulling
alot more amps. i know its not my switch or anything in my circuit because it
works fine with an ignition coil. when i looked at it on the scope i was
getting a really high freq. ringing . the high freq. and more current makes me
think the inductance went down, and the only way that could happen is a short
in the secondary. i disconnected the secondary so any short would have to be
internal. could i have killed the flyback? thats the only thing i can think of,
but i thought i should get more voltage than that. if i did its no big deal
because there are 3 computor monitors in a nearby river that i could yoink the
flyback out of.

  Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>