RE: the cure for racing sparks

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I think ive already confused you Gary.  What i meant is that the extra layer
of polyurethane PREVENTED the arcs from jumping down the entire lenght of
the coil.  Im sorry if i ruined any breakthrough that you thought i might
have seen with my coil and DC build up.  Although i may note that there
SEEMED to be LESS static buildup on the coil after the run was over.  I
didnt get any of the usual zaps that i normally get.  Maybe the extra
insulation stopped me from getting the normal zaps, i cant really say.  But
its ineresting that when the coil was not coated at all, i had the sparks
inside and out of the secondary, and no static build up.  Then i sprayed it
with layers of acrylic spray.  Then i only got the racing sparks on the
outside, but more static charge afterward.  Now with a thick later of poly
on the coil, ive gotten rid of the racing sparks, and can not DETECT any DC
build up(yet it may be inside the insulation).  I will run the coil again to
confirm the last situation i wrote(no build up).

Steve Ward.