*::For those who use MOT's::*

Original poster: "Tim J by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <digital_raven45-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I want to know what people are getting for Telsa Coil secondary output using
MOT's.

Please included the following:

1. Let me know how many MOT's you are using in series or parallel
2. what the current consumption is or wattage draw
3. primary tank capacitor size in "uF" or "nF"
4. what the Tesla Coil secondary output in inches/feet or meters is.

I am really pushing my power supply design around because it is cheap and
highly powerful...I will also be starting a Tesla Coil website soon with
MPEG movies, pictures...Flash Animation..etc. The information I collect will
be recorded and posted on the site.
----------------------
My rant: Sorry guys :)

Again, I am amazed that many Tesla Coilers don't like MOT's and would rather
spend "hundreds of dollars" on big bulky transformers! ....ie/ my friend ran
out and bought 2 barely used 1200 VA rated 100:1 PT's and an older good
condition 5 kVA rated 14,400 VAC pole pig. They set him back $200 for the
pair PT's and $300 for the pole pig....

total money spent was $500 US

I went out and got 6 newer, good condition MOT's from a junk store for $30
with MO capacitors/ diodes included. With 5 MOT's or "100:1 equivelent" I
develope 7 kVA -at- 12,000 VAC. With 6 MOT's in series I am developing 8.4 kVA
-at- 14,400 VAC...which was $30! You still have to buy transformer oil...but
that might add an extra $15 to the unit.

YOU JUST CAN'T BEAT THAT PRICE! SAVE SOME MONEY*