Re: BIG solid state devices...

Original poster: "Daniel McCauley by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

Actually the technology has really been here for at least two decades now
and has been used quite extensively in the industry for the same application
type application.

I've designed and worked with many radar transmitters using these solid
state switches to modulate TWT cathodes, etc... at voltages up to 500kV ! !

Dan