Re: the cure for racing sparks

Original poster: "boris petkovic by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <petkovic7-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Terry,

The primary resonant frequency of his coil was
significantly above selfresonant frequency of
secondary when he got 1' arc between coils?If so than
that was "potato" action I mentioned on tssp list and
not necessary related to sudden streamer formation on
top and its (possible) effects to lower portions of
coil  Paul considers in that animation.
Can you tell was the power arc lenght 1' from its
start or firstly shorter but than quckly traveled
upwards in excess of 1'+.

regards,
Boris

P.S. To others :Please don't ask what is potato action

http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/pn040502/tfsm1-h1d2.anim.gif