First light with pig power

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

Hello Coilers,

I'm a few days away from first light with my new 14.4 KV, 10 KVA pig,
but I have been running some tests with it on a Jacob's ladder to get
the feel for it.  Based on what I've seen so far, it appears that my
present "acorn nut" safety gaps will have to go, as the arc won't go
out once struck.  Do those of you running pig powered coils just not
run safety gaps anymore, or do you use a horn gap arrangement?

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL
G-1#1214

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca