Re: First light with pig power

Original poster: "mike tucknott by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <michael.tucknott-at-virgin-dot-net>

Hi J B
Welcome to the world of pig powered coils, as you saw in April/May, pig
powered coils are different beasts altogether, If you remember (before it
blew) our system does not use any safety gaps, but we do use bleed resistors
across all caps and the power supply system is fully fused and uses multiple
fast blow breakers, A strike rail is important but as you saw it did`t help
much when our secondary burned through. A good ballast is essential
to stop the pig from running away from its self.
If you do run saftey gaps you will find your self just opening them up more
and more until they stop firing :-))   (((--Real pig coiler--)))

PS--do you want any stuff from RS sent over to you??????

Cheers Mike Tucknott
(BM3 Dead but not forgotten)

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>