Re: First Pics of my First Tesla Coil

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Wow,

You dont mess around the first time!!  I think that you will like those
caps, i use a similar bank of yellow GE caps with my coil.  Its the coil
that started the "Cure for racing sparks" topic to go around.  The caps are
great, my 2 strings NEVER even get warm.  I really like them and they seem
to take a lot of abuse.  Wow your gonna have a nice coil.  It makes me want
to go out and make myself a real good lookin primary and base like that.  Im
sure you will let us know when you are all done.  Good luck, and if i can
get 30" with a 550w supply, you should be getting those big sparks that you
arent "supposed" to have in that town house :)

Steve Ward,

PS exellent solid state work too, even though i know nothing about SSTCs.