Paralleling Chokes

Original poster: "Ben McMillen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <spoonman534-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi all,
  I've noticed several power cabinet schematics that
include paralleling chokes directly after the voltage
control variac.. What are they for and how do I construct
them?

Also.. I'm wiring my cabinet for 220V.. but I'm having
trouble figuring out how to get a neutral to run 110V
accessories.. I was thinking about running a neutral into
the cabinet, but I already have a 3 wire cord with a nice
plug.. I realize I could use the ground wire because
they're the same, but I didn't think that was safe..
someone had a twin variac with the center taps tied
together for a neutral.. however, mine doesen't have this
center tap.. but it has other taps..

Thanks for any help!

Coiling In Pittsburgh
Ben McMillen