Re: Natural streamer :)

Original poster: "cd by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <vbprg1-at-hotmail-dot-com>

my recent research has lead me to several bits of data concerning vdg output

humidity plays a big part in spark length for both VDG and TC

also spurs or sharp points have a much bigger effect towards discharge on a
VDG
meaning if you put a breakout point on VDG your likely to never see a spark.

Since the VDG relies on the the belt to generate charge any conductive dust
on the belt will serously affect performance

also the roller material makes a big difference on what you get out of your
VDG
(with out conducting my own tests I would assume materials at the ends of
the spectrum would produce More or greater VDG output)

Materials that tend towards a Positive Charge

More      Air
Positive  Glass
          Nylon
          Wool
          Lead
          Aluminum
          Paper

          Neutral

          Cotton
          Steel
          Wood
          Rubber
          Copper
          Acetate
          Polyester
          Polyurethane
          Polypropylene
          Vinyl (pvc)
More      Silicon
Negative  Teflon

Materials that tend towards a Negative Charge

the above and more good info at
http://www.edm-dot-net/~pmiller/van.txt

I am still  doing research and am seriously looking for Information
reguarding
VDG built on the Electron Injection system model. I am contemplating on
building another very small tesla coil to directly inject electrons onto a
VDG belt. At least I believe this is how a injection system is done, still
looking for good info on injection VDG systems.

Once again I am not the best person to ask, I just collect the data then try
to use it, but I hope that helps....
Chris Dowdy