RE: RF Ground Connections - Wire Type

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

Braided wire is used in lightening protection applications because it's
flexible and much easier to use.  A lightning-conductor only needs to be a
better conductor than your house or whatever else it is that you are
protecting, so it needn't have the lowest possible impedance.

Stranded conductors are also used in audio applications because solid
conductors would be just too stiff.  True audio snobs will tell you that
Litz wire is the best conductor to use, though I seriously doubt that
there's any measurable, much less audible difference between
solid/stranded/Litz at audio frequencies.

Where have you heard that stranded/braided wire outperforms solid?

Gary Lau
MA, USA

>>Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>