tesla coil on the truck

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <biomed-at-miseri.winnipeg.mb.ca>

Hello group,

I have a crazy idea that would look  really neat  : - )     but I don't
want to get in trouble with authorities.

Has anyone tried putting your tesla coil in the box of a truck with a gas
electric generator and running it while it's in the truck box.  Could this
be safely done?.  It could be a real show / traffic stopper!!   A mobile
lighning show.   Now obviouly you/ me couldn't do that while driving, I'm
not looking at causing an accident here, but you could pull over into
parking lots and let er rip!!.  I was thinking of using an old truck
without all of the modern electronics in it since fields from the Tesla
coil might mess with the truck.

We have something called "Cruise Night" in Winnipeg, Every Sunday night 9PM
till 11PM or  so everyone with a nice vehicle comes out and drives around
the streets to show their toy, it draws a large crowd,  well... how about a
mobile tesla coil show.

Has anyone tried this?  If this is way out of the question, please don't
flame me,  it's just a thought I'm playing with.

Shaun Epp