RE: wavetek 27XT meter

Original poster: "Jeff W. Parisse by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jparisse-at-teslacoil-dot-com>

I just got a Wavetek 27XT meter slightly used.
I am VERY impressed with it!

Guys and Gals:

I agree... Great meter and a must have for Tesla coilers...

We've burned through several gathering non-scientific anecdotal
information on Tesla coils (that statement by itself is anecdotal
too, so take the advice I'm about to give with a grain of salt).

Don't take any "live" measurements and keep the meter out of the
"near field".

How far, what is near, what is live, what measurements?

I don't know, I'm not an engineer (I just play one on TV). I can
only offer my little anecdote (to save YOU a blown meter) so don't
flame me for being non-scientific.

Jeff
kVA Effects