Re: Secondary End caps Yes/No

Dan: Caping the top  reduces or stops an arc traveling inside your coil
form. The base is a low voltage point and is left open to avoid a closed
presure chamber which may contain solvent vapor. I use a 3" pvc cap sanded
to fit inside my 4" PVC pipe coil form glued with clear pvc glue. The top
cap also provides a way to mount a ceramic insulator and toroid which would
be dificult, at best, with out a cap. every one has thier way to mount the
base. I use a PVC reducer to 1/2" and a 1/2" pipe nipple to mount my coil.
With that I can take it appart easly and I can add spacers to set my coil
coupeling  as required, but it is solid for use. The threaded nipple
provides ventalation of the inside.
  Robert  H