Re: Rotary Spark Gap and NST ? ? ?

In a message dated 7/19/02 6:38:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

Dan,

An NST is less likely to fail if a synchronous rotary gap is used.
This is because no firings will ever be missed, so the voltage
will never go too high.  An async rotary can be used also, but
certain speeds may permit the output voltage to go to dangerously
high levels because of skipped firings.  A protective NST filter can
still do a lot to protect the NST however.  I always use 120 bps
sync rotaries with NST's and have not had any failures in normal
operation.  My coils and rotaries can be seen at:

   http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret/page3.html

Cheers,
John