500 watts per pound

Original poster: "B2 by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bensonbd-at-boo-dot-net>

Hi All,
    I was looking at the oil burner transformer shelf in a RE-Michel (SP?)
industrial supply store the other day.  I saw this one little box marked
17.5 KV at 43 mA with center tap grounded.   This thing fit in the palm of
my hand and couldn't have weighed more than a pound!  It cost $35.  It
appears to be all solid state and encased in epoxy.  This thing with a
Terry filter, solid state inverter, and 12 volt battery, would provide a
HVPS for a very portable TC!

    Does anybody have any idea what this thing is supposed to be for?

Cheers,
Barry