Re: RSG and NST --> ARSG vs. SRSG

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi John, all

       You bring up some good points there, althought some are hard to see in
my head... But as far as efficieny goes, has anyone tried , or someone
explain the
efficiency comparison?

       Also, I thought that since the capacitor would be discharged at a spot
other than the ~ peak, it would not be fully charged. My confusion may be
becuase I dont' know how many cycles it generally takes for a standard (2-3
X) LTR cap to be charged... If it is only one half cycle (the other half does
nothing, correct? Because it is opposite polarity to the cap.), then I see no
reason for an Asynch gap. But If it is more than cycle (which I think it is,)
I can see where you are coming from. But how could the voltage go extra high?
Just like freezing or heating something, how could it go beyond the source's
power (in this case the NST, MOT, or PIG's voltage). unless the cap adds
voltage back into the circuit or something...

       I'm not trying to debate which one is better, A or S. I'm just a bit
confused.

       I wonder if someone out there who understands this could animate it
somehow...Flash, animated GIF???

Thanks for all your help everyone,

Jonathon Reinhart
hot-streamer-dot-com/jonathon