Re: Gap Arc Voltage HERES ONE TO THINK ABOUT

Hi Dan,

Here's a quote from the North Report which agrees:

"...What is surprising to many is the fact that the voltage between
conductors required for surface corona is
twice as great for sphere-to-sphere as for sphere-to-plane geometry because
the aggravated condition at the
spherical surfaces is now, in effect, divided in half. (The corona will
actually start first at the surface of
the conductor that is negative with respect to the other)......"

Looks like North was right about what you experienced AND that you would be
surprised...

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>