Re: SSTC As a transmitter.

Original poster: "Gary Peterson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <glpeterson-at-tfcbooks-dot-com>

> What is meant by 'regeneration'?
> If the reference is to the common regenerative receiver,
> this uses a LOCAL POWER SUPPLY.  All the 'output'
> energy in a regenerative receiver comes from the
> local PSU...

Yes, that's what I had in mind.  Tesla recognized the benefit of
regenerative feedback to introduce negative resistance into antenna
circuitry, incorporating it in his circuits as early as 1899.  In the CSN on
August 3 he shows a number of receiver arrangements in which RF current is
fed back from the secondary side of a resonant transformer to a coherer
located on the transformer's primary side, making the coherer more sensitive
to incoming signals.

> > . . . still not convinced the telecommunications
> > application is real. . .

> Its real.  It works.  Its radio.

After a little reflection, &cet over the weekend, I've revised my opinion.
And yes, I agree it is radio--only that in which the principle "radiator" is
the Earth itself.

Gary