Re: which type for bleeder resistors?

Original poster: "Sean Taylor by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <taylorss-at-rose-hulman.edu>

Hi Larry,

> mfg: IRC, stock# 96F3612 at 10M: price: 3.65 in qty of 1-24.
> desc: CGH Series High-voltage thick film resitors
>
> are these overkill, or just what I need?

They are overkill, at least in price.  Try searching Allied
Electronics.  I've used these resistors by BC components, MFR part no.
5053DM10M00J.  They're rated 1/2 W, 3500 VDC, and are 5%, 10 MOhms.
They are $8.00 per pack of 100 at Allied.  More expensive than the
ones Terry uses (near one order of magnitude), but are actually rated
for the voltage, if you don't want to overvolt your resistors.  But
you can't beat free if Terry wants to send you some :-)

Sean Taylor