Re: PFC Cap location???

Hi Dan,

PFC caps go directly across the line side terminals of an NST.  The NST is
what screws up the power factor, and the PFC caps fix it.  No filters or
anything else should get in their way since the NST and the PFC caps are
trading some pretty high currents between themselves to make things look
"nice" to the rest of the world.  Here is a picture of my big coil's ten
20uF PFC caps that are connected, rather dramatically, right across the NST.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P7300003.jpg

Note that the two frail wires from the input filter pale in comparison even
though they really supply all the "power"....  Power comes into the thing
through the yellow wires.

Cheers,

	Terry