Re: Primary strikes

Original poster: "rob by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rob-at-pythonemproject-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Yurtle Turtle by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> Of course, anything in excess can be bad. One day I
> was running outside and getting massive primary
> strikes. It was dark and I had an audience, so I let
> it go. Finally, my lexan support burst into flames.
>
> http://www.geocities-dot-com/yurtle_t/tesla/disasters.htm
>
> Now my primary isn't as pretty as it used to be.
>
> Adam
>
> --- Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> wrote:
> > Original poster: "Terry Fritz" <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>
> >

> <snip>
>
> > I still would "try" not to let a coil wildly arc to
> > the electronics but not
> > a giant worry if it does.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> >       Terry
>
> =====
> Adam Minchey
> yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com
> http://www.geocities-dot-com/yurtle_t/index.htm
>
> _

I really enjoyed your web site.  You should try the burning toothpick
experiment in your microwave.  Closest thing to ball lightning I've seen
done experimentally. I think you put a jar over the lit toothpick and
the plasma floats to the top.  Rob.

--
The Numeric Python EM Project

www.pythonemproject-dot-com