Revamping an Old Coil

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <SageGaspar-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi!  I recently posted something about trying to get an old Tesla coil back
into working condition, and I took the pictures that were requested:

http://members.aol-dot-com/sagegaspar/tesla1.jpg

and

http://members.aol-dot-com/sagegaspar/tesla2.jpg

The outside coil isn't connected to anything, the inside coil is connected
to those two metal spheres (spark gap?) to the best of our knowledge, and
that's about it.
We have access to or can build an appropriate capacitor, we've seen some of
the calculators out there, and we can provide either a standard AC outlet
or a power supply.  What do we need to get our hands on in addition to
these things, and how do we hook everything together?