Re: SSTC not working as expected

Original poster: "Alan Sharp by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <AlanSharp-at-compuserve-dot-com>

Message text written by INTERNET:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>I have been thinking alot about the traditional interupter.  An
>excellent question is:  Why do you just get a small flame or streamers
>CW, but giant discharges when using an interupter? <

Rob

sparking and blowing FETs - great :-)

The interupter lets me put more current through the FETs -
if I tried CW the FETs would blow even faster. I reckon that the peak
power is what matters.

I would have though that your driver transformer needs to be
gapped in flyback mode but I've no experience of this. I would
suspect that your FETs are dying of over voltage.

Alan