The CURSE

Original poster: "Finn Hammer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <f-h-at-c.dk>

Friends!

I claim novelty of the CURSE primary coil.

Curse stands for:

Clean Uncluttered Reverse Suspended and Elevated

You will pls. desregard any previous post, putting it a bit differently.
I`m still working on it.

But how often did I not try tuning a tesla coil, only to find out that
the increment added or subtracted on the primary coil was equalled or
exeeded in opposite derection on the cable going to the tuning point.

I wanted to make it my contribution to the tesla community, to design a
primary coil that would find a manageable solution to that problem.

The solution is to, instead of slapping the primary tubing, or
prederablt strip, on to some supports on a round plate, instead use a
bit extra time to finish some not too hard to make suspenders for the
coil.

This makes it easy to tune the coil, because it is now possible to run
the tapping point directly into the center of the coil, without getting
in conflict with any hardware like rotary gap or capacitor. And slide it
along the primary, at the tapping point, without dismounting it every
time it has to pass one of the supports.

Take a look at these pictures, and take heed!
I am giving you all this design to copy!

Cheers, Finn Hammer

http://www.wimshurst-dot-com/primaryup.jpg

http://www.wimshurst-dot-com/tapping.jpg

http://www.wimshurst-dot-com/primaer.jpg